Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Adventures continued....
Wednesday the 23rd I decided to sleep in a little. On my way to the train station to head into Cannes I ran into Laurie and Erin. We all decided to go to the press conference for On the Road to see if we could get a glimpse of Kristen Stewart, Garrett Hedlund, and Kirsten Dunst. Thankfully we arrived just in time to see them coming out of there press conference and I took some pretty good pictures of them! Afterwards we went to go see Like Someone in Love, which was a Japan drama. It was very slow paced and kind of pointless...I did not like it. Then Philip Kaufman came to speak to us at the American Pavilion. The movie he had in the festival was Hemingway and Gellhorn, which we were able to screen before we left for Cannes. Afterwards we all changed into our nice red carpet clothing and went to beg for tickets, for the premiere of On the Road. Thankfully I was fortunate enough to get a ticket for Hilary and I. There was a big group of us that got to sit all together in balcony seats. It was a very interesting movie and I would really like to read the book now. It should be in the states sometime soon. While we were in the balcony seats Hilary told me to look up at the screen where they had the red carpet streaming live. Of course Rob is making his way down the carpet! I was overwhelmed with giddiness and joy! I had no idea that he would be at the On the Road premiere, I thought he would only be at his films premiere on Friday! I was able to run down to corbielle seating where you can look over the edge to see the people in orchestra seats and I spotted him right away! He looks even better than his pictures and his mannerisms are just as I expected(sorry this sounds creepy). I could not believe I was actaully seeing him in the flesh for the firs time! I was able to see Kristen and Garrett as well. There were some pretty intense scenes in the film and I was wondering what the actors were thinking of themselves when this was happening. Its such a cool feeling to be in the theater with the stars when they have a film premiering. After the premiere I ran back down to the coribelle seats again to try and get better pictures of Rob, they were pretty blurry but I was content with just seeing him for myself! It was so cute seeing him clapping and smiling for Kristen's film (they are supposedly together.) He really seemed to enjoy her performance. Right as he left his road he was surrounded by his bodyguard...I guess they knew I was in the theater. We headed home after this premiere and got a quick bite to eat and did our best to go to bed early. Thursday was the premiere of Paperboy(turned in paper?) starring Zac Efron, Nicole Kidman, and Matthew McConaughey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment