I am glad I am finally able to update my blog! Last Saturday the 19th I was fortunate enough to get two tickets to the Lawless premiere and I gave one to Zac! It was a great film starring Tom Hardy and Shia Labeouf, I was very surprised and impressed by it. After the screening we had a late dinner at a nearby restaurant and I had the most delicious grilled chicken. We were going to stay after and hang out in Cannes for a little but Lindsey lost her wallet and was not feeling up to it so we all decided to take a taxi home. Sunday Hilary and I slept in and then went to Cannes to see Confessions of a Child of the Century...it was a very slow and bizarre movie. Be glad it will not be coming to the U.S. We then ventured to a delicious dessert place that I cannot remember the name of. I had the most delicious chocolate mousse that came in a tiny glass jar. I will post a picture of it soon! We tried to make it to another movie called Antiviral but the theater quickly filled up after we stood in line for thirty minutes. Hilary and I stayed up til around five that night writing our first reviews that were due the following day. We had to choose two different movies we had seen to write one long and one mini review on. I will post this other blog later as well. Monday Hilary and I got up early because we wanted to make it to the screening of the Hunt. We were in line for about an hour and a half and about to walk in until press barged in front of us and took our seats! Needless to say Hilary and I were a little upset but we met these really kind Japanese producers in line. One of them told me he used to work for a small television station in Japan when he was younger. I told him that was something I was doing this summer! He had some great tips for me. Hilary and I wandered on over to the Palais and walked into a random Israel movie called Bear...it was very disturbing but I was able to follow it. Afterwards we went to see Frank and Chip: The Olympic Experience, a documentary on the first married couple to attend the Olympics together. It was a very cute and informative documentary. Hilary and I went back to JLP and met up with Deanna to eat dinner, I had a delicious filet mignon and felt full for the first time since I've been here. During dinner they kept asking me questions about my gluten sensitivity and Hilary decided to give up gluten for the rest of the week to see what it is like. Then we took another trip to the Casino (the grocery store.) Later on I went with Zac to get his dinner and we got lost on our way back. We all finished our reviews together and had a quite, restful night. Tuesday I woke up at 8 a.m. to see You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet, it was a very interesting movie about a play. We had two speakers meet with us in Cannes that day. They were Jonathan from Participant and Australian/Dutch director Paul Cox. They both had very different views but I enjoyed hearing what they both had to say. Around 3:30 Hilary and I went to the red carpet to wait for Brad Pitt to walk by. We were very dedicated and stood in our spots for about 3 hours. Even though I became a little claustrophobic and this man continuously bumped into me, it was definitely worth it! Brad popped out of his car and immediately started signing autographs for fans surrounding the red carpet. As he made his way down the carpet Hilary and I were in awe of his beauty. He slowly shuffled up the stairs posing as he did. He came over to the side we were near and waved right at us and Hilary and I both snapped amazing shots of him. We were so excited and overwhelmed that we were able to see him SO close. Then we met up with some friends for dinner and headed over to the majestic to mingle with some celebs. Hilary and I changed into our evening clothes and posted up in the bar to casually sip on wine and wait for celebrities. I was telling Hilary a story when she looks at me wide eyed and slowly points for me to turn around...there he was Matthew McConaughey standing right in front of us with his beautiful wife. He was wearing and all black suit with his curly hair slicked back. He was very attractive but a little shorter than I expected. Hilary and I did our best to continue conversation with one another but we had some trouble trying not to stare at him. Hilary was able to get a photo off him right before he left! Later on in the night Paris and Nicky Hilton briskly walked on by us. We could not believe we were actually seeing celebrities off the screen! I will post the rest of my past week later on :)
delicious dessert!
Brad Pitt waving at us!
Matthew McConaughey...whoops he caught us!
Having wine at the snazzy Majestic hotel!


No comments:
Post a Comment