Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Lost room key...

This morning was very interesting to say the least. Last night around 10 my friend DeAnna and I went to get a quick bite to eat. When we came back to my place I unlocked my door and accidentally left my key in it. A few minutes later we heard someone knocking and french voices so we were hesitant to opening the door. I had already forgotten that my keys were in the door, so I assume they were trying to notify us. After they left we were going to head down to another friends room and I remembered I had left the key in the door. I went to Anna's room our program coordinator and explained to her what happened. Her and I went down to the lobby to talk to the person who works at the front desk overnight. He only spoke french of course and told us no one had turned in a key yet. So my roommate Hilary and I moved all of our important belongings into Anna's room and we slept in there for the night. This morning Hilary went to check on our room and a pillow had been moved onto our counter and our balcony door had been left open with leaves and a lighter on it. Anna and I went back downstairs and told the man who works at the desk during the day and he has been notified of our incident. I had to pay 90 euros to replace our door lock and keys! The good thing is they were able to replace it right away and the man who works at the front desk came into our room and investigated. He figured out the way the leaves had been thrown onto our balcony it had to of come from an apartment above. He said it was three french boys in there early 20s staying in the apartment above us. He guessed the boys were just messing with us because they saw pretty girls and they are immature. He went up to their room to talk to them but I do not think they answered. So since the lock has now been changed they cannot get in anymore. Hopefully they will not pester us or we will have to change rooms. Hilary was very sweet about all of it and I told her I would sew the key to myself. haha

1 comment: