The day I have been preparing for, for about seven years has finally come! I MET ROBERT PATTINSON! Today is the day I have been preparing for since I arrived in Cannes. My roommate Hilary and I woke up around 8:30 a.m. to go to the press conference for Rob's premiere of Cosmopolis tonight. I put on the snazziest day dress that I have and made sure I did my makeup and hair just right! We caught the 9:39 a.m. train into Cannes and arrived in the Palais where the press conference was to be held around 10 a.m. We were some of the first there so we were able to stand as close as the security guards would let us! We waited for about an hour and I cannot even remember exactly what was going through my mind. All I know is I was very shaky and could not form complete sentences to anyone. Once we saw the doors close on our left we knew they were letting them in from the other side. This is when the hyperventilating began...First Sarah Gadon who plays Elise Shifrin in the film walked down and she was signing autographs and taking photos. She came up to me and Hilary and gave us an autograph and I told her thank you so much and she told me how sweet I was and asked if we were having a good time at the festival! I'm not sure what other movies she has been in but I was already starstruck! Then Rob appears and the panicking/excitement increased by a TRILLION. I videoed him the entire time while people were constantly shoving things at him to sign. Thankfully he brought his own sharpie! Once he got close to me in the line he started walking away to go into the press conference room but thankfully my constant shriek of, "ROB, ROB, ROB...please sign this," persuaded him to come back over! He was laughing and smirking at us so I believe he did not mind/enjoyed it! He looked up right as he walked away and I told him thank you! It was literally the best moment of my life...I teared up a little bit afterwards but I was able to keep calm. Two camera men came up to me to interview my reaction and that was a bit embarrassing/awkward but I did not have a problem expressing my emotions to them!!! I have photos and a video that I will try to post, it is all very entertaining! I am going to do my best to get an orchestra seat in the premiere tonight so I can be seated near him!
Last night Hilary, Zac, Lindsey, Katio, and I were all in the Majestic hotel bar casually having drinks and socializing. All of a sudden Lindsey recognizes Sam Riley who plays one of the leads, Sal Paradise in the film On the Road. He was sitting at the bar with who we think was his wife and another actor from the film Danny Morgan. Lindsey wanted to go up and introduce herself and tell him how she liked him in On the Road which we had seen the night before. I was going to go with her but she was too nervous so I became very courageous and went on my own. I walked up and told them I thought I recognized them from the film On the Road and they said yes that they were both in it. I introduced myself to them and shook both of their hands and told them how great they were in the film. They kindly smiled and thanked me and I told them to have a wonderful rest of the night. It was so amazing meeting them and not as nerve racking as I thought it would be. I really enjoyed Sam's performance and I cannot believe I was able to go up to him like that! Very productive past two days I believe! :)
I have so many other great stories to write about that have happened this week. I will add all of my other amazing stories and photos on Sunday when the festival comes to a close.
No comments:
Post a Comment