Saturday, May 19, 2012
What a whirlwind!
These past two days have gone by so quickly and I have seen so many great movies! Thankfully I have chosen to see movies that are in competition for the festival instead of out of competition. Every single person I have talked to who has seen out of competition films has said they were not very good. On Thursday I was able to get into my first movie at the Lumiere which is the theater where are the in competition movies premiere. The premieres of in competition movies screenings in the Lumiere with the actors are around 7 or 8 at night. Deanna and I were able to get tickets from someone for the 3 in the afternoon premiere which was a little easier since the actors were not in the theater at this time. The movie I saw in there was "De Rouille Et D'os" (Rust and Bone), it was in french of course but there were subtitles. It was an emotional movie but I really enjoyed it. It stars Marion Cotillard from "Inception" and she did a fabulous job. Afterwards we went to the American Pavilion and there was a cocktail party from 6-8 with free drinks and h'orderves. We were able to socialize and network with people here so it was a great opportunity. Zac and I went to see "Mystery" in the Debussy theater after we mingled a little at the pavilion. It was a very intense Chinese movie but we really enjoyed it. We went and hung out by a panini stand waiting for another group to finish their movie. While we were sitting there fireworks started going off for the "Mystery" after party and they were so amazing! The Chinese really know how to party...I tried getting into it with my badge but I was denied haha! Earlier on Thursday I saw "Moonrise Kingdom" which was the opening premiere the night before that I did not make it into. I was happy I got a chance to see it because it was a very cute and endearing film. While I was waiting to go into that film I met some very nice/annoying Americans! The guy I met told me he was working for some company buying movies and that he was a musician/actor. I found this very comical because he seemed to expect me to swoon over him when he said this...and I did not. haha Yesterday was a very long day as well. I went to see "Rust and Bone" again because I had enjoyed it so much and I wanted to see how the other people I was with would react. We were all tearing up by the end of it. We were tying to see "After the Battle" in the same theater afterwards but it had been cancelled. So we went to eat the American Pavilion and got in line early to see the "Beasts of the Southern Wild" which was a hit at Sundance Film Festival. It was a movie based on New Orleans. Zac, Deanna, and I rushed back home to change into formal wear for the red carpet premiere of "Reality" an Italian movie. Of course we got on the wrong train and went all the way to Nice. We got back to Juan Les Pins around 8:40 changed really fast and we were on a train back to Cannes at 9:11. We had some other friends already there trying to get tickets so they were able to get more than one and Zac was able to get one for me! We got to walk the red carpet together and it was very cool and overwhelming. I will post pictures of this soon! Sadly the movie was not very good but it was very cool seeing the film with the actors and some people seemed to enjoy the movie. It did not end until 12:30 pm and none of us had really eaten yet so we went to a cafe afterwards and had dinner. We had to take a taxi home because the train stations closes around 11. I got home around 2 pm and I was exhausted so I am taking it easy today and getting ready for the premiere of "Lawless" starring Shia Labeouf, Tom Hardy, Jessica Chastain, and Guy Pierece! Hopefully I will be lucky enough to get a ticket! Dracula in 3D is premiering afterwards and I want to try to go to that as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment